All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor anyone who ever picked up a strangely shapes, gnarly looking vegetable at the farmers' market and said, 'What's this?' Roots is your go-to guide to the veggies found underground. This comprehensive cookbook reveals the underworld of roots, from the familiar (beetroot, carrots, potatoes) to the unfamiliar (jicama, salsify, yucca) to the practically unheard of (cassava, galangal, crosnes). Discover the fascinating history and lore of each one, their nutritional content, how to buy and store them and, the best part, more than 250 recipes that bring out their best flavours. Start simply with easy-to-prepare Ginger Rhubard Chutney. Save it in pretty glass containers and this tangy-spicy sauce makes a great gift (or eat it yourself straight from the jar!). Explore more unusual varieties like burdock, a long, thin root with a mild flavor and pleasing crunch that makes it ideal for pickling and stir-fries. Dindin;t kw turmeric was a root? Used mostly in Asian cooking, turmeric is best kwn for its beautiful golden colour and its welcome presence in dishes like Chaing Mai Curry Noodles. And don't forget the well-loved stand-bys like potatoes and carrots that make flavourful hearty stews and quick weeknight meals. Whether you are bringing home your new-found roots from the grocery store or your local farmers' market, these delicious, nutritious and easy on-the-wallet veggies will add a new level of taste and sophistication to your everyday cooking.
- Author BiographyDiane Morgan is an award-winning cookbook author, freelance food writer, culinary instructor and restaurant consultant. She is the author of fourteen cookbooks, including, Skinny Dips, Salmon and Delicious Dips.
- Author(s)Diane Morgan
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1633 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.74
- AU $38.27Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $21.64Trending at AU $27.42
- AU $43.54Trending at AU $50.71
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.34
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $32.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.