All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA paramic vel filled with adventure, passion, a cast of unforgettable characters, and penetrating political insight. South Africa - a land long ron asunder by age-old struggles fro freedom. Now the apartheid era is brought vividly to life. Accused of treason following an illicit affair with activist Patti Ghandhi, journalist Luke Mahoney is forced to flee into exile. Only when South Africa finally moves into a new era is it safe for him to return - after long years of reporting on the racial oppression and the bloodshed from beyond its borders. It is a time of momentous change, uncertain optimism, fear and forgiveness. With unforeseeable speed, the ANC is unbanned, Nelson Mandela is released - and a ghost from Luke's past returns. Suddenly his new life with Afrikaner academic Katrina de la Rey is thrown into turmoil, as the violence ravaged country braces itself for the first historic elections.
- Author BiographyJohn Gordon Davis was born in Rhodesia and was educated in South Africa. He practised as a lawyer, in Rhodesia and in Hong Kong, before the success of his first novel, Hold My Hand I'm Dying, allowed him to take up writing full-time. He is the author of thirteen novels, including Roots of Outrage, his epic novel capturing the last fifty years of South African history.
- Author(s)John Gordon Davis
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight272 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.