Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $38.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA rabbi, an arms smuggler, a collaborator and a spy, he has flirted with danger, been trailed and jailed, and broken his share of laws. Yet throughout his long and full life, Herb Friedman has always held steadfastly to his beliefs, his Judaism and his faith in the uniqueness of the Jewish people. Over the years, Friedman maintained close friendships with some of the finest Jewish leaders of our time - David Ben-Gurion, Golda Meir, Yitzhak Rabin, Shimon Peres, Abba Eban -- and some of the most prominent names of the 20th century, including Harry S Truman, Lyndon B Johnson, and Popes Pius XII and John XXIII. Roots of the Future is the collection of the astounding stories and anecdotes which composed over 80 years of Herb Friedman's remarkable life. It is also an affirmation of the enduring value of the Jewish heritage and proof that one man can make a lifetime of difference.
- Author BiographyThe son of immigrant parents, Friedman was born in New Haven, CT, in 1918. His strong and simple credo of loving Jews and taking care of them was driven home to him since infancy. When WWII broke out, the newly ordained Rabbi Friedman jumped at his chance to help, and enlisted as a Jewish Army Chaplain. Serving on the European theatre, Friedman sifted through the mud, cold and destruction of the war to console Jewish fighters. As the war ended, Friedman put his considerable skills and energy towards helping the terrorized survivors of Hitler's war against the Jews by influencing Generals to grant visas and supplies for the illegal immigration of Jews to Palestine. Upon his return to the United States, Friedman set the foundling and struggling new State of Israel in his sites. Serving as the CEO of the United Jewish Appeal, Rabbi Friedman utilized the resources of the UJA to set new standards for giving and to open new horizons for Jewish education. The dollars he generated gave desperate relief to Israel's immigration and social-welfare programs, while his educational programs formed the base for generations of dedicated and enlightened Jewish youth.
- Author(s)Herbert A. Friedman
- PublisherGefen Publishing House
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintGefen Publishing House
- Content NoteB/w plates
- Weight1128 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.