All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA simple rope can be a lifesaver in a survival situation. Kwing how to use a rope and make effective kts will help you in an amazing variety of ways, from constructing shelters and creating weapons, to fishing and hunting. Most importantly, ropes and kts act as lifelines in dangerous environments, such as when crossing a fast-flowing river or scaling a mountainside. The SAS and Elite Forces Guide to Using Ropes and Kts draws on the skills of the world's best soldiers to teach you how to use these essential tools in the wilderness. Tried and tested techniques used by the world's special forces give you expert advice on issues such as how to take care of ropes; the most useful kts to use in a survival situation; how to make your own ropes out of animal tendons or plants; how to use your rope effectively when climbing; and how to lash together a log raft or a shelter. Including more than 300 illustrations, this guide is easy to understand, packed with expert advice and essential for anyone who wants to kw the difference between a reef kt or complex slip kt, and how to make a simple clove hitch, alpine butterfly kt and many more. About the Author Alexander Stilwell is an experienced writer and editor who has worked for several leading publishers, primarily in the fields of military history, politics and international affairs. He has also worked for Jane's Information Group and is the author of several books. He served for six years in the British Territorial Army.
- Author BiographyAlexander Stilwell is an experienced writer and editor who has worked for several leading publishers, primarily in the fields of military history, politics and international affairs. He has also worked for Jane's Information Group and is the author of several books. He served for six years in the British Territorial Army.
- Author(s)Alexander Stilwell
- PublisherAmber Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleSAS and Elite Forces Guide
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmber Books Ltd
- Content Note600 artworks
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.