All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionSince they shot her at point-blank range while she was being kissed, she confused the pain of love with that of death. Rosario Tijeras is the violent, violated character at the center of Jorge Franco's study of contrasts, set in self-destructing 1980s Medellin. Her very name-evoking the rosary, and scissors-bespeaks her conflict as a woman who becomes a contract killer to insulate herself from the random violence of the streets. Then she is shot, gravely wounded, and the circle of contradiction is closed. From the corridors of the hospital where Rosario is fighting for her life, Antonio, the narrator, waits to learn if she will recover. Through him, we reconstruct the friendship between the two, her love story with Emilio, and her life as a hitwoman. Rosario Tijeras has been recognized as an admirable continuation of a literary subject that was first treated by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and then by Fernando Vallejo. A work in the Latin American social realist tradition, the story of Rosario Tijeras is told in fast and vibrant prose, and poetic flourish.
- Author BiographyBorn in Medellin, Colombia, in 1962, JORGE FRANCO studied film at the London International Film School and Literature at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogota. He began his career as a writer in 1991 and was awarded the Pedro Gomez Valderrama National Narrative prize for a collection of short stories entitled Maldito amor. His first novel, Mala Noche, won the Ciudad de Pereira National Novel Competition. Franco is considered one of the youngest writers of note in Latin America, and one who has already earned a prominent place alongside several world-renowned Colombian writers.
- Author(s)Jorge Franco Ramos
- PublisherSiete Cuentos Editorial
- Date of Publication06/01/2004
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleSiete Cuentos
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSiete Cuentos Editorial
- Weight181 g
- Width142 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byGregory Rabassa
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.