Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first vel from William Kennedy in more than five years and universally acclaimed as his most powerful work since the Pulitzer Prize-winning Ironweed, Roscoe shows Kennedy at his very best. It's V-J Day, the war is over, and Roscoe Conway, after twenty-six years as the second in command of Albany's torious political machine, decides to quit politics forever. But there's way out, and only his Machiavellian imagination can help him cope with the erupting disasters. Every step leads back to the past-to the early loss of his true love, the takeover of city hall, the machine's fight with FDR and Al Smith to elect a goverr, and the methodical assassination of gangster Jack Legs Diamond. Thick with crime, passion, and backroom banter (The New Yorker), Roscoe is an odyssey of great scope and linguistic verve, a deadly, comic masterpiece from one of America's most important writers.
- Author BiographyWilliam Kennedy was born and raised in Albany, New York. He began his writing career as a journalist, and his novels have been translated into two dozen languages. His novel Ironweed won the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Critics Circle Award for fiction.
- Author(s)William Kennedy
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight204 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.