All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRose feels alone in a new town. Everything is different and strange. She wishes, she searches, but she s t even sure what for. Then, from somewhere far away, someone or some thing begins a journey. And maybe, just maybe, Rose and the Wish Thing will find each other. In an enchanting and poetic narrative with achingly beautiful illustrations, Rose and the Wish Thing celebrates the power of imagination and resilience, even when things seem too hard. It is a story that will stay with readers long after the last page is turned. the universal emotions of loneliness, longing, and ultimately joy at finding a new friend are conveyed through the beautifully combined line and wash illustrations and the lyrical prose. . . . A many-layered, imaginary friend story with themes of hope and resiliency. School Library Journal This quirky, sidelong look at a common childhood experience will be just the thing for readers and listeners who enjoy a touch of whimsy and mystery. Kirkus will resonate with readers who have wishedfor a friend, whether real or imaginary. Booklist The magic of belonging and friendship is woven powerfully into a moving affirmation of the power of love. The language of the text is exquisite, the visual story commanding. The Children s Book Council of Australia
- Author BiographyCAROLINE MAGERL is an artist, illustrator, and printmaker who immigrated to Australia as a young girl and spent the majority of her childhood at sea on her parents yacht. It was a lifestyle that accommodated little in the way of possessions, so she especially treasured the picture books sent to her from East Germany by her great-grandmother. Caroline now lives on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland, Australia, with her husband and daughter. Rose and the Wish Thing is her first children s book.
- Author(s)Caroline Magerl
- PublisherDoubleday Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDoubleday Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width221 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.