All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionNEW EDITION WITH LOADS OF EXTRA IMAGES!! Bruce Thomas was prompted to write Rough Notes when a friend told him: 'There's only one history of rock ...and pop and you were there!' It follows his career from the paper-round he did to buy his first guitar and see the Beatles - all the way through to his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003 ...and beyond. He recalls his time as bass player with Elvis Costello and the Attractions - setting the record straight on the so-called feud between him and the singer - and includes accounts of working with Paul McCartney, touring on Elton John's private jet, a day at Johnny Cash's ranch and dinner with Yoko O - as well as encounters with Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Abba, Howling Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Mick Jagger, Jimmy Page, the Who, Freddie Mercury, Pink Floyd, Rod Stewart, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, John Belushi, Michael Hutchence ...and a certain Jimmy Savile. Yet Rough Notes is far more than a personal memoir or catalogue of trivia. It traces the entire story of rock and pop from its beginnings in the 1950s, right through to the present day - despite the fact it's been said that ...'writing about music is like dancing about architecture'.
- Author BiographyBruce Thomas is best-known as the former bass player with Elvis Costello and the Attractions and as the writer of the best-selling biogrpahy of Bruce Lee: Fighting Spirit. As a session-musican he played on many hit records -- and trained in the martial art of Body, Mind and Spirit kung fu.
- Author(s)Bruce Thomas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight631 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.