All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Routledge Handbook of Disability Studies takes a multidisciplinary approach to disability and provides an authoritative and up-to-date overview of the main issues in the field around the world today. Adopting an international perspective and consisting entirely of newly commissioned chapters arranged thematically, it surveys the state of the discipline, examining emerging and cutting edge areas as well as core areas of contention. Divided in five sections, this comprehensive handbook covers: * different models and approaches to disability * how key impairment groups have engaged with disability studies and the writings within the discipline * policy and legislation responses to disability studies and to disability activism * disability studies and its interaction with other disciplines, such as history, philosophy and science and techlogy studies * disability studies and different life experiences, examining how disability and disability studies intersects with ethnicity, sexuality, gender, childhood and ageing. Containing chapters from an international selection of leading scholars, this authoritative handbook is an invaluable reference for all academics, researchers and more advanced students in disability studies and associated disciplines such as sociology, health studies and social work.
- Author BiographyNick Watson is Professor of Disability Studies and Director of the Strathclyde Centre for Disability Research at the University of Glasgow, UK. Alan Roulstone is Research Professor at Northumbria University, UK. Carol Thomas is Professor of Sociology at the University of Lancaster, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight842 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlan Roulstone,Carol Thomas,Nick Watson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.