Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionQualitative research, once on the fringes, w plays a central part in advancing nursing and midwifery kwledge, contributing to the development of the evidence base for healthcare practice. Divided into four parts, this authoritative handbook contains over forty chapters on the state of the art and science of qualitative research in nursing. The first part begins by addressing the significance of qualitative inquiry to the development of nursing kwledge, and then goes on to explore in depth programs of qualitative nursing research. The second section focuses on a wide range of core qualitative methods, from descriptive phemelogy, through to formal grounded theory and to ethgraphy, and narrative research. The third section highlights key issues and controversies in contemporary qualitative nursing research, including discussion of ethical and political issues, evidence-based practice and Internet research. The final section takes a unique look at qualitative nursing research as it is practiced throughout the world with chapters on countries and regions from the UK and Europe, North America, Australasia, Latin America, to Japan, China, and Korea. With an international selection of established scholars contributing, this is an essential overview and will help to propel qualitative research in nursing well into the twenty-first century. It is an invaluable reference for all nursing researchers.
- Author BiographyCheryl Tatano Beck is Distinguished Professor in the School of Nursing at the University of Connecticut, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note39 black & white tables, 24 black & white line drawings
- Weight1360 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byCheryl Tatano Beck
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.