All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Type 45 'Daring' class is the largest and most powerful air defence destroyer class ever operated by the Royal Navy and the largest general purpose surface warship (excluding aircraft carriers and amphibious ships) to join the fleet since the Second World War cruisers. Author Jonathan Gates describes the development, trials and entry into Royal Navy service of the Type 45, the anatomy of the vessel, its propulsion system, radar command and control systems, weapons systems, and how the ship is operated at sea.
- Author BiographyProfessor Jonathan Gates is a defence consultant whose career has spanned 35 years. In 2000 he joined BAE Systems with responsibility for the integration of the Type 45 design programme with the development of the principal weapon system, Sea Viper.
- Author(s)Jonathan Gates
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.