All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionRubber Compounding: Chemistry and Applications describes the production, processing, and characteristics of a wide range of materials utilized in the modern tire and rubber industry, from natural to butyl rubber, carbon black, silica, silanes, and beyond. Containing contributions from leading specialists in the field, the text investigates the chemistry and modification of raw materials, elastomers, and material compounds for the optimal formulation and engineering of new rubber products. This Second Edition of the bestselling first: * Adds new sections on environmental issues and recycling * Provides more information on hydraulic hose and conveyor belting * Expands the discussion of tire techlogies and industrial rubber products * Includes new information on synthetic elastomers * Features extensive references for further reading and exploration Rubber Compounding: Chemistry and Applications, Second Edition supplies the industrial compounder, teacher, or other academic scientist with basic information on materials used in the rubber industry. In addition, the book addresses a gap in the body of literature available to the chemists in industry and academia.
- Author BiographyBrendan Rodgers was senior engineer at ExxonMobil's Baytown Technology and Engineering Center in Texas, USA, and is now technology advisor at the ExxonMobil Chemical Company, Shanghai Technical Center, China. Previously, he was as an engineer with the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, with assignments in Europe and the United States. He earned his BS from the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, and his MS in polymer technology and Ph.D in chemical engineering from The Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note264 black & white illustrations, 197 black & white tables
- Weight997 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byBrendan Rodgers
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.