All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA friendly debate leads twins Bill and Mary to compare rubber balls, rafts, and gloves with glass marbles, greenhouses, and jars, objects that at first seem very different. A field trip teaches them that both rubber and glass can bend, bounce, stretch, and even melt. This lively story introduces the concept of properties. As scientists kw, properties are characteristics that help us understand the traits of substances all around us if like Bill and Mary we observe closely. Rubber vs. Glass is part of the I Wonder Why book series, written to ignite the curiosity of children in grades K 6 while encouraging them to become avid readers. These books explore the marvels of light, color, machines, sound, and other phemena related to physical science. Included in each volume is a Parent/Teacher Handbook with coordinating activities. The I Wonder Why series is written by an award-winning science educator and published by NSTA Kids, a division of NSTA Press.
- Author BiographyLawrence Lowery taught in the Oakland, CA, public schools before becoming a professor of science education at the University of California, Berkeley. He has more than 40 years experience creating science activities and programs, developing curricula, and writing articles and books, including the NSTA Press publication The Everyday Science Sourcebook and the I Wonder Why series.
- Author(s)Lawrence F. Lowery
- PublisherNational Science Teachers Association
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleI Wonder Why
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Science Teachers Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.