Rubberlike Elasticity: A Molecular Primer by James E. Mark, Liliane Bokobza, Burak Erman (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $135.17+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionElastomers and rubberlike materials form a critical component in diverse applications that range from tyres to biomimetics and are used in chemical, biomedical, mechanical and electrical engineering. This updated and expanded edition provides an elementary introduction to the physical and molecular concepts governing elastic behaviour, with a particular focus on elastomers. The coverage of fundamental principles has been greatly extended and fully revised, with analogies to more familiar systems such as gases, producing an engaging approach to these phemena. Dedicated chapters on vel uses of elastomers, covering bioelastomers, filled elastomers and liquid crystalline elastomers, illustrate the established and emerging applications at the forefront of physical science. With a list of experiments and demonstrations, problem sets and solutions, this is a self-contained introduction to the topic for graduate students, researchers and industrialists working in the applied fields of physics and chemistry, polymer science and engineering.
- Author BiographyJames E Mark is a Distinguished Research Professor for the department of Chemistry at the University of Cincinnati, Ohio. He has been a Visiting Professor at several institutions as well as having extensive research and consulting experience in industry. His current research interests pertain to the physical chemistry of polymers, including the elasticity of polymer networks, hybrid organic-inorganic composites, liquid-crystalline polymers, and a variety of computer simulations. A Fellow of the American Physical Society, he is also an editor of the journal Polymer. Amongst numerable achievements, he has been awarded the ACS Applied Polymer Science award and was also elected to the Inaugural Group of Fellows (ACS Division of Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering). Burak Erman is a Professor in the department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at Koc University in Istanbul, Turkey, where he has been since 2002. His research interests are focused on rubber elasticity; polymer and protein physics and engineering, both experiment and theory, including computer simulations. In 1984, he founded and became Director of the Polymer Research Center at Bogazici University, before moving in 1988 to the Sabanci University in Istanbul where he founded the Chemistry and Materials Science Program. In 1991, he received both the Simavi Science Award and the TUBITAK Science Award. He is founder and member of the Turkish Academy of Sciences.
- Author(s)Burak Erman,James E. Mark,Liliane Bokobza
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/02/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note130 b/w illus. 41 exercises
- Weight640 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.