All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere has always been a very close tie between precious fabrics and the lagoon city. Even today it is possible to find places in Venice, sometimes hidden away, sometimes located in ancient palaces and residences, where the precious textile still holds sway. Fabrics that wadays furnish theaters, castles, and museums in all parts of Europe, as well as royal residences, ministries, and embassies in Italy and elsewhere, are often produced by Rubelli, the ancient textile manufacturing company based in Venice on the Grand Canal. Even though Rubelli has w become a multinational company with weaving plants in Como (Italy) and Pennsylvania, the quality of its brocade, damask, velvet, silk, and lampas remains unique. A leader in Italy and ranked highly in the world, Rubelli sets the very trends in textile design.
- Author BiographyIrene Favaretto is the author of several works on ancient Greek and Roman art. Her interests mainly concern the history of collection and the influence of classical art on Venetian way of life. Isabella Campagnol, after teaching the history of art at the University of Udine in northeastern Italy, is currently the curator of the Historical Textile Collection and Archives of the Rubelli Group.
- Author(s)Irene Favaretto
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note250 Colour Illustrations
- Weight1560 g
- Width241 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.