Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring two short seasons at the track, Ruffian was hailed as the greatest thoroughbred filly of all time. Unbeaten in her first ten starts, she shattered one record after ather, dazzling crowds with both her beauty and her brilliant speed. Then tragedy struck on the afteron of July 6, 1975. Ruffian broke down on the lead in the middle of a match race at Belmont Park. Later that night she had to be destroyed. Ruffian: Burning from the Start is the story of this exceptional filly, a horse so dominating, so powerful, that writer Walter Farley once suggested she was more like the fictional legend, the Black Stallion, than any colt he had ever seen. Beginning with her earliest days in Kentucky, the book follows Ruffian at every stage of her career and through the agony of her final hours venturing behind the scenes of the racing world and exploring the politics and personalities that came together to shape this extraordinary filly s fate.
- Author(s)Jane Schwartz
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication02/08/2002
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.