Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn 4th Century Alexandria, a poor orphan learns to scribe. Meanwhile Rufius, a rich Roman, tends the books in his care and yearns for the youth on the streets. It s a time of rampant bishops, mad heretics, and a city so ruled by passion it is set to consume itself along with the world's greatest library. As the poor boy and the rich Roman unite, hell almost literally breaks loose. A rich vel of Ancient Rome, in the spirit of Mary Renault, Marguerite Yourcenar and Paul Waters.
- Author BiographySarah Walton was born in 70s London. In the 80s she partied. In the 90s she partied harder, studied literature in France and Spain, founded a dot.com and went to Silicon Valley. A bump on the head wiped out a few years. Sarah advises governments and businesses on digital. She s also been a creative writing tutor at the University of Hull, club VJ, designer, dancer, programmer and the worst waitress in the world. She threw away her first novel as she thought it was rubbish.
- Author(s)Sarah Walton
- PublisherBarbican Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBarbican Press
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.