All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionJean-Pierre Rives epitomised the French rugby tradition of flair coupled with guts and glory. He captained the team a record 34 times, gaining 59 caps in all, the first against England in 1975. He led France to the Grand Slam in 1981 and was inducted into the International Rugby Hall of Fame. After retiring, this most charismatic of flankers - his long blond hair stood out as he led by example, turned to sculpture and painting, hence the title of this book. He exhibits regularly at prominent public venues all over the world and was awarded the Order of the Legion of Hor and the National Order of Merit by the government of France. He divides his time between the South of France and California. Before French rugby writer Richard Escot's persistence paid off and Rives told him, 'OK, come down to the atelier and we'll see what happens,' little was kwn about the former player - beyond, that is, what Jean-Pierre considers to be an extravagant reputation. Previously he had guarded his silence; w, in a series of eight conversations, Rives reveals himself to be a natural talker, prepared to provide an insight both into his unique character and what it is like to play rugby at the highest level.
- Author BiographyRichard Escot is the senior rugby correspondent for the sports newspaper, magazine, TV channel and website L'Equipe. He has written numerous books related to the game, including biographies of Philippe St-Andre, Abdel Benazzi and Philippe Sella, and is the co-author of two detective novels. He lives with his family close by Paris.
- Author(s)Richard Escot
- PublisherSportsBooks Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintSportsBooks Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.