All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRugby as we kw it today dates back some 2,000 years. At one time a small settlement, victim of invasions by Romans, Saxons, Danes and even Normans; and later best kwn for the invention Rugby football attributed to William Webb Ellis who 'caught the ball and ran with it' and, of course, the famous Rugby school. This intriguing collection of images reveals the history of this iconic area. In this book the author has tried to capture some of the spirit of the town, giving the reader a glimpse of its past. Such interesting figures as Rupert Brooke, the authors of Tom Brown's School Days and Alice in Wonderland are associated with its history. Rugby is a town of many parts and Jacqueline Cameron has captured some of its charisma and success in Rugby Through Time.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Cameron is a local author who lives in Warwick and has written many local books on the area.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Cameron
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180, 92 black & white illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.