Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.50+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by alimbrown
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $15.52Free postage
- AU $19.94Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionIt is rather awful, Emma thought as she walked across the fields down to the farm, how this business is leading us all into subterfuge and deception, and we can't really tell who is friend and who is enemy ...' Emma wakes up one morning to an apocalyptic world. The cosy existence she shares with her grandmother, a famous retired actress, has been shattered: there's post, telephone, radio - and an American warship sits in the harbour. As the two women piece together clues about the 'friendly' military occupation on their doorstep, family, friends and neighbours gather round to protect their heritage. In this chilling vel of the future, Daphne du Maurier explores the implications of a political, ecomic and military alliance between Britain and the United States.
- Author BiographyDaphne du Maurier (1907-89) was born in London, the daughter of the famous actor-manager Sir Gerald du Maurier and granddaughter of George du Maurier, the author and artist. In 1931 her first novel, The Loving Spirit, was published. A biography of her father and three other novels followed, but it was the novel Rebecca that launched her into the literary stratosphere and made her one of the most popular authors of her day. In 1932, du Maurier married Major Frederick Browning, with whom she had three children. Many of du Maurier's bestselling novels and short stories were adapted into award-winning films, including Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds and Nicolas Roeg's Don't Look Now. In 1969 du Maurier was awarded a DBE. She lived most of her life in Cornwall, the setting for many of her books.
- Author(s)Daphne Du Maurier
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/03/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVMC
- Series Part/Volume Number304
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight225 g
- Width199 mm
- Height164 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Introduction byElla Westland
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.