Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday, web companies like Flickr and Google are making it possible for users to search, create, and discuss in ways never imagined, unlocking a universe of imagination and creative potential. We are witnessing the birth of a new, vastly more useful Internet. Rule of the Web is the user's manual. Uberblogger Mark Frauenfelder is a tech writer in a league of his own, with cutting edge web savvy and the ability to translate geek-speak into plain English. The blog he founded, Boing Boing, is an online tastemaker with two million regular readers. In Rule of the Web , Mark points out the best tools and resources for doing everything from browsing anymously to using disposable credit card accounts to shop online. The book includes: basic and advanced solutions for every problem; avoiding scams, safeguarding your privacy, and protecting your children; getting news and blog posts delivered automatically; generating the perfect stock portfolio and then tracking your finances online; setting up your own blog or podcast; and, everything Web 2.0: YouTube, MySpace, Flickr, and more.
- Author BiographyMark Frauenfelder is the founding editor of the world's most popular blog, BoingBoing.net, as well as the editor-in-chief of the hit technology magazine Make. Formerly an editor at Wired and a technology columnist for Playboy, h e is frequently interviewed for television, radio, and print, including MSNBC, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, and Business Week.
- Author(s)Mark Frauenfelder
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication27/07/2007
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Content Noteincludes 150 screen images
- Weight748 g
- Width190 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.