All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionRuled varieties are unions of a family of linear spaces. They are objects of algebraic geometry as well as differential geometry, especially if the ruling is developable. This book is an introduction to both aspects, the algebraic and differential one. Starting from very elementary facts, the necessary techniques are developed, especially concerning Grassmannians and fundamental forms in a version suitable for complex projective algebraic geometry. Finally, this leads to recent results on the classification of developable ruled varieties and facts about tangent and secant varieties. Compared to many other topics of algebraic geometry, this is an area easily accessible to a graduate course.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. em. Gerd Fischer war viele Jahre Professor fur Mathematik an der Universitat Dusseldorf. Er ist jetzt Gastprofessor an der Fakultat fur Mathematik der TU Munchen. Gerd Fischer ist Autor zahlreicher erfolgreicher Lehrbucher, u.a. der Linearen Algebra (vieweg studium - Grundkurs Mathematik). Dr. Jens Piontkowski ist Hochschuldozent am Mathematischen Institut der Heinrich-Heine-Universitat Dusseldorf.
- Author(s)G. Fischer,Jens Piontkowski
- PublisherSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden
- Date of Publication15/05/2001
- LanguageEnglish & German
- Place of PublicationWeisbaden
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintVieweg+Teubner Verlag
- Content Notebiography
- Weight259 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.