All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionRules of Disengagement examines the reasons men and women in the military have disobeyed orders and resisted the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It takes readers into the courtroom where sailors, soldiers, and Marines have argued that these wars are illegal under international law and unconstitutional under U.S. law. Through the voices of active duty service members and veterans, it explores the growing conviction among our troops that the wars are wrong. While the Obama Administration's pledge to remove all American troops from Iraq by the end of 2011 is encouraging - and in small way likely attributable to resistance by our armed forces - it continues to fight in Afghanistan, and the military may soon have a heightened presence elsewhere in the Middle East and in Africa. As such, Rules of Disengagement provides inspiration and lessons for anyone who opposes an interventionist U.S. military policy.
- Author BiographyMarjorie Cohn is Professor at Thomas Jefferson School of Law. Her books include The United States and Torture: Interrogation, Incarceration, and Abuse; Cowboy Republic: Six Ways the Bush Gang Has Defied the Law; and Cameras in the Courtroom: Television and the Pursuit of Justice. marjoriecohn.com @marjoriecohn Kathleen Gilberd is the executive director of the National Lawyers Guild's Military Law Task Force. She is a nationally recognized expert on military administrative law and writes frequently for military law and counseling publications.
- Author(s)Kathleen Gilberd,Marjorie Cohn
- PublisherPoliPointPress, LLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- Place of PublicationSausalito
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoliPointPress, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.