All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.48
- AU $26.19Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.54
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.88
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $32.34
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.92
About this product
- DescriptionThe desire to travel is a fundamental part of human nature, inherited, perhaps, from our madic ancestors. Today, many people who yearn to travel probably don't - limited, in their minds, by a lack of money, a fear of the unkwn, or a perceived lack of freedom. In past generations, travellers like Jack Kerouac and Laurie Lee left their homes with only the change in their pockets. And yet today we believe that even budget travelling has to cost hundreds of dollars. The truth is, you could walk out of your door right w with whatever money you happen to have and probably be able to travel for a year or more. Rules of Thumb is a detailed guide to the age-old art of travelling without much cash. Written by a long-term hitch-hiker with many thousands of miles of experience, this book is filled with valuable advice about how to hitch-hike and live on the road. You will learn how to: Hitch-hike with maximum safety, comfort, and enjoyment Pack your bag with the right equipment Find good places to camp outside Eat healthy and delicious meals with very little cooking equipment Earn money as you go Volunteer for food and shelter Manage risk and minimise vulnerability as a traveller Adapt to the many different situations you'll find yourself in on the road Trade a little discomfort for a lot of adventure If you're interested in meeting strange and wonderful people from all over the world, really experiencing the places in which you travel, and spending as little as possible doing it - then this is the travel guide for you.
- Author BiographyChristopher Drifter is a 24 year old long-term traveller from the UK who has lived in 18 different houses and visited 19 different countries. He has taken several major trips across North America and Europe, covering more than 13,000km via public transport, borrowed vehicles, and hitch-hiking.
- Author(s)MR Christopher J Drifter
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.