All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn immense treasure trove containing hundreds of equipment symptoms, arranged so as to allow swift identification and elimination of the causes. These rules of thumb are the result of preserving and structuring the immense kwledge of experienced engineers collected and compiled by the author - an experienced engineer himself - into an invaluable book that helps younger engineers find their way from symptoms to causes. This sourcebook is unrivalled in its depth and breadth of coverage, listing five important aspects for each piece of equipment:* area of application * sizing guidelines * capital cost including difficult-to-find installation factors * principles of good practice* good approaches to troubleshootingExtensive cross-referencing takes into account that some items of equipment are used for many different purposes, and covers t only the most familiar types, but special care has been taken to also include less common ones. Consistent termilogy and SI units are used throughout the book, while a detailed index quickly and reliably directs readers, thus aiding engineers in their everyday work at chemical plants: from keywords to solutions in a matter of minutes.
- Author BiographyDonald R. Woods is Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering at McMaster University. He received his BSc from Queen's University, his MS and PhD from the University of Wisconsin and worked for a wide variety of industries before joining McMaster University in 1964. His research interests are in process design, cost estimation, surface phenomena, problem-based learning, assessment, improving student learning and developing skill in problem solving, group and team work, self assessment, change management and lifetime learning. He has won numerous awards for leadership and teaching including the Canadian 3M Fellow, honorary Doctor of Science degrees (Queen's University, University of Guelph), the President's Award for Educational Leadership, co-winner of the President's Award for Course Development, Lifetime Achievement Award from Chemical Engineering Education and Wickenden Award from ASEE (twice). He has over 400 publications including the books Financial Decision making in the Process Industry, Process Design and Engineering Practice, and Problem-based Learning - How to Gain the Most from PBL.The latter has been translated into Japanese, Korean and Spanish. He is one of 20 Chemical Engineers from industry, government and universities to receive the Century of Achievement Award from the Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering for distinguished contributions to Chemical Engineering.
- Author(s)D.R. Woods
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication23/02/2007
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1036 g
- Width179 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.