Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the success of I'm Your Man and Just Kids, legendary Canadian singer and songwriter Bruce Cockburn delivers his long-awaited memoir-a chronicle of faith, fear, and activism that is also a lively cultural and musical tour through the late twentieth century. Award-winning songwriter and pioneering guitarist Bruce Cockburn's life has been shaped by politics, protest, romance, and spiritual discovery. For more than five decades he has toured the globe, visiting far-flung places such as Guatemala, Mali, Mozambique, Afghanistan, and Nepal, performing and speaking out on diverse issues, from native rights and land mines to the environment and Third World debt. His journeys have been reflected in his music and evolving styles: folk, jazz, blues, rock, and worldbeat. Drawing from his experiences, he continues to create memorable songs about his ever-expanding universe of wonders. As an artist with thirty-one albums, Cockburn has won numerous awards and the devotion of legions of fans across America and his native Canada, where he is a household name. Yet the man himself has remained a mystery. In his memoir, Cockburn invites us into his private world, sharing his Christian convictions, his personal relationships, and the social and political activism that has defined him and has both invigorated and incited his fans.
- Author BiographyBruce Cockburn was born in 1945 in Ottawa, Ontario. He began his solo career with his self-titled album in 1970, and his extensive repertoire of musical styles and skillfully crafted lyrics have been covered by such diverse artists as Jerry Garcia, Chet Atkins, Judy Collins, Elbow, Barenaked Ladies, Jimmy Buffett, and k.d. lang. Cockburn has been inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame and the Order of Canada, and he has been awarded thirteen Juno Awards as well as the Allan Slaight Humanitarian Spirit Award. A devoted and deeply respected activist, he has worked with organizations such as Oxfam, Amnesty International, Doctors Without Borders, Friends of the Earth, and USC Canada. He lives in San Francisco. Greg King is a writer living in Northern California. His writing has earned four commendations, including two Lincoln Steffens Investigative Journalism Awards. He is also an accomplished photographer, with images appearing in Newsweek, Smithsonian, Rolling Stone and several other publications.
- Author(s)Bruce Cockburn
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight861 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.