All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJake was a hard working, conscientious pediatrician in a small town. He was an overachiever who ultimately met his match in the escalating stresses of a life in medicine. From initial debilitating exhaustion through a labyrinth of forced inpatient drug and alcohol treatment, accusations of child abuse, and investigations by his state medical board, he must find and fight his own true internal demons. Navigating an incessant stream of external factors that serve to push him to the brink, Jake must ultimately find the inner strength and vision to conquer a mental marathon and re-assert himself professionally as well as spiritually. Jake's story explores many unappreciated aspects of t only medicine but also the human condition as he seeks truth within himself as a doctor, as a patient, and as a Human Being. And as he moves through his personal drama, the author also attempts to share some of these insights with the reader who cant help but be drawn into Jake's trials against the Petty Tyrants trying to rule, if t destroy, his Life.
- Author BiographyThe author is a pediatrician who has been practicing medicine for nearly 30 years. Charlie was born in Bridgeport, Connecticut. He studied graduate level biochemistry before attending medical school in the Midwest. His interests are broad. They include spirituality, philosophy, medicine, physics, literature, bird watching, hiking, science fiction. Shamanic medicine has served to bring together three of the most important aspects of his life: spirituality, meditation, and healing. He has studied shamanism with numerous highly regarded shamanic native healers from Peru, Hawaii, Mexico, and the mainland U.S. Charlie currently lives in Oregon with his wife. He has four beautiful and precious children. He has co-authored a number of articles in scientific and medical periodicals. This is his first work of fiction. His tale attempts to touch on many aspects of the human experience relevant to many of us in our daily lives.
- Author(s)Charlie Coyote
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $51.53Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.01Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.