Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn Run Smart, XTERRA trail run champion and running coach, Adam Hodges, passes along decades of kwledge he has gleaned from competing and coaching in the sport. Topics cover various dimensions of running, including goal setting, mental skills, training principles, warmup protocols, running drills, functional strength, running form, running shoes, nutrition, hydration, recovery, and sleep. Each chapter consists of a concise, self-contained article that addresses a different aspect of a topic, making this book a valuable reference guide for new and experienced runners alike. Whether you run competitively or for fitness, you will find valuable information to help you run smart and take your running to the next level.
- Author BiographyAdam Hodges, PhD, is a trail runner, multisport athlete, and coach with credentials from USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, and the American College of Sports Medicine. He has worked with high school cross country and track runners in California, masters swimmers in Colorado, and multisport athletes around the world. As a USAT All-American triathlete, he has competed in the ITU World Triathlon Championships, the ITU World Duathlon Championships, and the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii. As a masters runner, he has won a series championship in the XTERRA SoCal Trail Run Series. He began running in his youth and enjoys passing on the knowledge and experience he has gained over the years to both new and experienced runners seeking to maximize enjoyment, competitiveness, and longevity in the sport.
- Author(s)Andrew W Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow in the Humanities Adam Hodges
- PublisherAlp Multisport Publications
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlp Multisport Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.