All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionHaki R. Madhubuti minces words in 'Run Toward Fear', a powerful new collection of poetry. The collection offers readers a mixture of poems that challenge and cause both reflection and question on many of the headline issues that have launched this century. Madhubuti includes poignant moving tributes to Jacob Carruthers, Gwendolyn Brooks and Amiri Baraka, as well as, heartfelt words that provide comfort and guidance to the families of the twenty-one who lost their lives in Chicago's E-2 night club tragedy. Madhubuti, motivated by constant requests from younger poets and teachers of poetry to share his insights on writing and the art of producing poetry, offers an added extra in 'Run Toward Fear'. The final section of the book, 'A Poet's Handbook', provides personal and sometimes anecdotal insights on the craft of writing poetry. The 'Handbook' serves as a practical answer to the book's final poem 'For the Consideration of Poets'.
- Author BiographyHaki Madhubuti is a professor of English and the founder and director emeritus of the Gwendolyn Brooks Center at Chicago State University.
- Author(s)Haki R. Madhubuti
- PublisherThird World Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication09/08/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThird World Press,U.S.
- Content Noteb&w photos
- Weight132 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.