All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn February 1942, three of the major ships of the German surface fleet - the battle-cruisers Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, and the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen - stormed out of the harbour at Brest on a dramatic voyage back to Germany. Passing through the straights of Dover, the ships faced everything the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy could throw at them. In a dramatic running fight, the ships managed to sail right under the se of history's greatest maritime nation to reach the safety of Germany. The brilliantly executed operation brought great humiliation to the British - Hitler, who had developed the plan, had judged perfectly the reaction of the British command to the Channel Dash. This book tells the complete story of this great race, from the planning through to the repercussions of this unique Germany victory.
- Author BiographyKen Ford was born in Hampshire in 1943. He trained as an engineer and spent almost 30 years in the telecommunications industry before a change in career led him to become a full time military historian. He is the author of over 20 books on various aspects of World War II. Ken now lives in Southampton.
- Author(s)Alan Gilliland,Ken Ford
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/02/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleRaid
- Series Part/Volume Number28
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note29 b/w; 1 col
- Weight265 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Howard Gerrard,Paul Wright
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.