Runaway Radical: A Young Man's Reckless Journey to Save the World by Jonathan Edward Hollingsworth, Amy Hollingsworth (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTravel the world, change lives, save souls. (Note: Results t typical.) A young idealist heeds the call to radical obedience, gives away all of his belongings and shaking off the fetters of a complacent life, travels halfway around the world. There he discovers, among the poor and the fatherless of West Africa, that he has only surrendered to a new kind of captivity. There is doubt that young people today are fully invested in social and human rights issues. They start their own nprofits, they run their own charities, they raise money for worthy causes. Books on saving the world abound, topping the bestsellers' lists, fueling the drive to prove t only commitment to the world but devotion to God. Now there is a new crop of books starting to emerge, detailing the consequences of trying to save a world that is t ours to save. But ne of these books tell the story thatRunaway Radical tells; this is the first book to highlight the painful personal consequences of the new radicalism, documenting in heartbreaking detail what happens when a young person becomes entrapped instead of liberated by its call. His radical resolve w shaken, he returns home to rebuild his life and his faith. Runaway Radical serves as an important and cautionary tale for all who lead and participate in compassion activism, in the art of doing good- both overseas and at home- amidst this new culture of radical Christian service.
- Author BiographyAmy Hollingsworth is the author of the best-selling The Simple Faith of Mister Rogers and Gifts of Passage. Before writing books, Amy wrote for various magazines and was a television writer for eight years for CBN. In 2010, she was named one of USA Today's Top 100 People for her influence on pop culture and was featured in the documentary by MTV's Benjamin Wagner titled Mister Rogers & Me. Her television appearances include WGN's Morning News, PBS's A Word on Words, and Fox's Morning News. A former psychology professor, Amy lives in Virginia with her husband and children.
- Author(s)Amy Hollingsworth,Jonathan Edward Hollingsworth
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Out-of-print date10/05/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight199 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.