All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRunning on Empty fills an important gap in recent books about the energy crisis and the controversy over global warming. It is an explanation in simple language of the causes of the energy crisis and what the future may bring. It discusses whether we will run out of oil, when it might happen, and whether global warming is real or t. It examines the development of renewable fuels and the likelihood that they can replace fossil fuels any time soon. The section on the global warming debate looks at the pros and cons in which one side claims our use of fossil fuels causes climate change, while the other claims that human activity does thing to change our climate, and that warming or cooling is the result of natural causes. The recently enacted tax credits for installing renewable energy improvements are described. These credits can reduce taxes and project costs substantially. Finally readers are provided a list of 135 energy and money saving tips for their car and home.
- Author BiographyThe author is a retired architect, artist, and freelance writer, with 45 years of experience designing a wide variety of building types and environments. In his professional life, his work included habitats for animals at three Sea World Parks, heightening his appreciation of the importance of the environment. He realized that the captive animals lived in a microcosm of what the planet is to us, where our survival depends on limited resources. Unlike the animals, we have a measure of control over our environment if we choose to exercise it. He became interested in energy conservation during the first energy crisis in 1973, when OPEC blockaded oil shipments to the United States. At that time he designed the first earth protected home in central Illinois in which the owner lived comfortably though a central Illinois winter with only a fireplace for heat.
- Author(s)Margaret L Greene,Phillip J Greene
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication21/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.