All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRunners will be inspired and fascinated reading about Mark Covert who has run every day for 45 straight years, how Pam Reed won the Badwater Ultramarathon, and Dean Karnazes ran 50 marathons in fifty states over 50 days, how Larry Macon set four world records for the most marathons in a calendar year, and Amy Winters-Palmiero ran and finished Badwater with a prosthetic leg. These are just some of the incredible and inspiring achievements of the endurance athletes profiled in Running to Extremes: The Legendary Athletes of Ultrarunning. Each one of these athletes has pushed the limits of human endurance to become an inspiration for people around the world. Their achievements are profiled in individual chapters, each introduced by prominent ultrarunners and friends. In addition to the most prolific endurance athletes in the world today, one section is dedicated to the Father of American Ultrarunning, Ted Corbitt. Including a foreword by his son, Gary Corbitt, and a special section on his life and achievements, Running to Extremes serves to preserve his legacy. Whether you are an ultrarunner yourself or a casual runner, a fan, a historian, or a scholar, Running to Extremes and the incredible people and their stories in it will inspire you and ignite your passion for living life to the fullest. Above all, this Whos Who of ultrarunning proves one thing: The impossible is possible!
- Author BiographyScott Ludwig lives, runs and writes in the beautiful countryside of Senoia, Georgia with his wife Cindy and their menagerie of cats. Scott enlisted the aid of several of his friends and fellow runners to compile the stories in Extremes, arguably the best collection of stories about endurance athletes ever published. The 15 people portrayed in this book are sure to leave readers with their eyes and mouths wide open, completely fascinated with what the subjects have been able to accomplish in the sport of endurance running.
- Author(s)Scott Ludwig
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationGarsington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.