All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRupert Murdoch's News Corporation empire ended the 80s with a debt the size of Ecuador's and on the verge of catastrophe. Houdini-like Murdoch survived, buying time, merging Sky with BSB, advancing into the '90s as one of the most powerful media barons the world has ever kwn. Shawcross tells two stories. The story of the man himself, his origins and personality, of how an Australian with Scottish Presbyterian grandparents became a US citizen owning newspapers and TV stations on 3 continents, a film studio in Hollywood, satellites in space, and selling to the world the 20th-century's most powerful persuaders - information and entertainment. Also he tells the fascinating tale of the information and techlogy revolution which Murdoch (despite his own techlogical ineptness) knew how to exploit and which has made him so powerful.
- Author(s)William Shawcross
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/11/1993
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date23/04/2003
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.,facsims.
- Weight430 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.