Rural Electrification Through Decentralised Off-grid Systems in Developing Countries by Springer London Ltd (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $239.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $213.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 1.3 billion people worldwide lack access to electricity. Although extension of the electricity grid remains the preferred mode of electrification, off-grid electrification can offer a solution to such cases. Rural Electrification through Decentralised Off-grid Systems in Developing Countries provides a review of rural electrification experiences with an emphasis on off-grid electrification and presents business-related aspects including participatory arrangements, financing, and regulatory governance. Organized in three parts, Rural Electrification through Decentralised Off-grid Systems in Developing Countries provides comprehensive coverage and state-of-the art reviews which appraise the reader of the latest trend in the thinking. The first part presents the background information on electricity access, discusses the developmental implications of lack of electricity infrastructure and provides a review of alternative off-grid techlogies. The second part presents a review of experiences from various regions (South Asia, China, Africa, South East Asia and South America). Finally, the third part deals with business dimensions and covers participatory business models, funding challenges for electrification and regulatory and governance issues. Based on the research carried out under the EPSRC/ DfID funded research grant for off-grid electrification in South Asia, Rural Electrification through Decentralised Off-grid Systems in Developing Countries provides a multi-disciplinary perspective of the rural electrification challenge through off-grid systems. Providing a practical introduction for students, this is also a key reference for engineers and governing bodies working with off-grid electrification.
- Author BiographyProf. Subhes Bhattacharyya is a professor at the Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. He is the Principal Investigator of the EPSRC-DfID funded research work reported in this volume. He was a Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy (CEPMLP), University of Dundee prior to this. He was the Programme Director for the MSc in Energy Studies and the MSc programme in Climate Change Economics and Policy in Dundee. He specialises in energy economics, energy planning and policy issues, regulation and restructuring of energy industries and energy environment interactions. He has 25 years of experience in the energy sector in various capacities: graduate-level teaching in energy, research and industry experience. Prof. Bhattacharyya mainly focuses on applied, interdisciplinary energy research on developing economies, with a special emphasis on India and Thailand. He has published widely in peer-reviewed energy-related journals.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2012
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note26 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight631 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySubhes C. Bhattacharyya
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.