All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRural Families and Work focuses on the findings of the Rural Families Speak research study and the theoretical frameworks that are utilized to examine the context of rural low-income families' employment. This volume provides a solid foundation for understanding rural employment problems and issues. Family ecological theory is the central framework with a discussion of theories that contribute to the opportunities for the contextual research, including family ecomic stress theory, human capital, human capability, and some selected policy frameworks. Employment is addressed through review of policy issues, community contexts, family and social support, and available resources. Throughout the volume future research directions and applications are highlighted.
- Author BiographyJean W. Bauer Professor and Director of Graduate Studies, Family Social Science Department, University of Minnesota. Dr. Bauer has authored more than 170 research publications, including 39 journal articles and over 65 presentations at conferences or in the community. She understands public policy processes and can help to mold the content of the proposed project into information useful for classroom use. She has supervised 19 dissertations and master's theses (7 with RFS data). Dr. Bauer was member of the beginning RFS research team and wrote the initial proposal for the NC-223 project in 1998 and chair for 2 years and was P.I. for 3 USDA National Research Initiative grants for the overall support of the research team. Elizabeth M. Dolan Associate Professor and Chairperson, Department of Family Studies, University of New Hampshire. Dr. Dolan has been a member of the RFS research team for 12 years. Dr. Dolan's leadership roles include 4 years as chair of the group and 7 years on the project advisory council. She was the lead team member on the continuation proposal for the NC-1011 project. She works well with all the members of the research team and has been instrumental in many of the presentations for the RFS group in the past 6 years. She is often the coordinator of the ideas for journal articles, presentations, and positioning of the project. Dr. Dolan has authored more than 50 papers and made more than 70 presentations at conferences or in the community.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Series on Consumer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight559 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byElizabeth M. Dolan,Jean W. Bauer
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2011
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.