All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing the needs of America's most underserved areas for mental health services, Rural Mental Health offers the most up-to-date, research-based information on policies and practice in rural and frontier populations. Eminent clinicians and researchers examine the complexities of improving mental health in rural practice and offer clear recommendations which can be adapted into current practice and training programs. They bring an incisive lens to factors that contribute to mental illness and prevent access to treatment areas. These include limited resources, reliance on urban models and assumptions, and pervasive misunderstanding of rural realities by policy makers. The text also addresses diversity issues in regard to rural mental health services.
- Author BiographyK. Bryant Smalley, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist with both training and practice experience in rural areas. His work has included practicing in university counseling centers, rural community mental health centers, and rural private practice. He is the Associate Director of Clinical Training for the PsyD program at Georgia Southern University, and co-directs the Rural Health Research Alliance, a cross-college research collaborative focusing on mental and physical health in rural areas. His research has appeared in numerous journals and texts, including Psychology of Men and Masculinity, The International Journal of Men's Health, and Journal of Clinical Psychology: In Session. ||Jacob C. Warren, PhD, is a behavioral epidemiologist specializing in disparities research. He has been PI and Co-Investigator of numerous federally funded research and service grants, and currently serves as the Epidemiology Program Coordinator for the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health at Georgia Southern University. He also co-directs the Rural Health Research Alliance, a cross-college research collaborative focusing on mental and physical health in rural areas. He has presented his research at numerous national and international conferences, and has published in journals including Drug and Alcohol Dependence, Journal of Ethnicity and Substance Abuse, Pan American Journal of Public Health, AIDS and Behavior, and AIDS Education and Prevention.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJackson P. Rainer,Jacob Warren,K. Bryant Smalley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.