All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo a remarkable extent, students of location problems have fastened attention upon industrial and urban matters rather than upon agricultural and rural affairs. The preponderance of the former studies undoubtedly reflects the relative importance of the manufacturing and commercial sectors of the technically more advanced countries where most students of location matters have in the past resided. Perhaps it has also seemed that the locational problems posed by city life and factory employment are more amenable than those of the countryside to rigorous analysis.
- Author BiographyMichael Chisholm is professor emeritus of geography at the University of Cambridge and emeritus fellow of St. Catharine's College. He has been a member of the Social Science Research Committee and chairman of the committee for Geography and Planning. He has also been a member of the local government Boundary Commission of England, the Rural Development Commission as well as the Local Government Commission for England.
- Author(s)Michael Chisholm
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2007
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.50Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.