All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe well-being of rural communities affects the well-being of those who reside in towns and cities because of rural-urban connections through food, drinking water, infectious disease, extreme environmental events, recreation, and for many, retirement residence. In rural areas themselves, women play a critical role in the health of their families and communities, yet women's health is often marginalized or igred. There have been limited studies to date about rural women and health in Canada. Filling an important gap in scholarship, this collection identifies priority issues that must be addressed to ensure these women's well-being and offers invative theoretical and methodological ideas for improvement. Rural Women's Health integrates perspectives from rural practitioners, residents, and scholars in a variety of fields, including nursing, sociology, anthropology, and geography, to tackle issues relevant to diverse settings across the country. As such, it presents a national perspective on the nature of women's health while respecting internal and regional diversity, as well as viewpoints from international scholarship.
- Author BiographyBeverly D. Leipert is an associate professor in the Arthur Labatt Family School of Nursing at the University of Western Ontario. Belinda Leach is a professor and associate dean (research) in the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences at the University of Guelph. Wilfreda E. Thurston is a professor in the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Calgary.
- Author(s)Belinda Leach,Beverly Leipert,Wilfreda Thurston
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note1
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.