All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of Russia - from Kievan Rus to Vladimir Putin Russia: A History cuts through the myths and mystery that have surrounded Russia from its earliest days, with startling revelations from classified archives that until comparatively recently were t even kwn to exist. A distinguished team of historians has stripped away the propaganda and preconceptions of the past to tell the definitive story of Russia, from tenth-century Kiev and Muscovy through empire and revolution to the fall of Communism and the 'new order' of the 1990s and early 21st century. A compelling story in its own right, it is essential reading for anyone with an interest in Russia and its place in the world. This updated edition w covers the developments in the Putin era in the first decade of the 21st century.
- Author BiographyGregory L. Freeze is Beinfield Professor of History at Brandeis University, Massachusetts. He has been a research associate of the Davis Center for Russian Studies at Harvard University since 1972, and is chief editor and director of the Russian Archives Series.
- Author(s)Gregory L. Freeze
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/10/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note18 black and white plates
- Weight471 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.