All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA high-end geography series that explores some of the fastest-developing countries and cities in the world and assesses how they are dealing with the challenges of the 21st century. Topics looked at include: population structure, the ecomy, environmental sustainability and the outlook for the future. Each title also features a closer look at an individual city within the country. Russia is more prosperous w than at any time in its history, with new wealth based on its rich natural resources. This new era of prosperity is reflected in Russia's capital city, Moscow. But uniting a vast and disparate population, tackling crime rates and finding political accord are some of the challenges that Russia faces if it is to continue to grow and develop as an ecomic power.
- Author BiographyPhilip Steele is a leading writer of children's non-fiction books. He was born in Surrey, graduated from University College Durham and worked in London publishing houses. He then freelanced as a project manager, publishing consultant and author. He has written a wide range of books for Wayland, Watts, Dorling Kindersley, Kingfisher/Macmillan, Walker Books and many other publishers worldwide. History, biography, lands and peoples, the natural world, current affairs and social issues all feature prominently in his backlist. Philip has backpacked around Africa, Europe, Asia, North America and Australia. For many years he has been settled very happily amidst the mountains, beaches and green fields of North Wales. His wife (as a teacher) and his teenage daughter (as a secondary school pupil) are ideally suited to cast an critical eye over his work!
- Author(s)Philip Steele
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleDeveloping World
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight418 g
- Width212 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.