All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating book offers a comprehensive exploration of Russian English as a World English variety. The authors introduce readers to the history of language contact between Russian and English, which has resulted in the Russianization of English and Englishization of Russian. They also discuss the functions of English as a lingua franca in the domains of politics, business and tourism, as a tool in youth subcultures, education and scholarship, and as a creative means in mass media, advertisement, music and literature. The book engages with the major role of English in expressing a speaker's cultural and personal identity within the global community. This accessible and engaging work presents a great number of concepts within the field of Russian linguistics, as well as introducing readers to the outstanding Russian scholars in the field. Essential reading for students and researchers across a wide range of related fields.
- Author BiographyAnna A. Eddy holds a position of an Assessment Specialist at the English Language Program at the University of Michigan, Flint. She obtained a PhD in Modern Languages from Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan with the focus on sociolinguistics of World Englishes. Her research interests include the use of English in non-native contexts, teaching of English as a Global Language, second language methodologies and curriculum design. She serves as a site reviewer for the Commission on English Language Accreditation and as a Vice President-Elect for Standards at EnglishUSA. Zoya G. Proshina, Doctor of Philology (Habil.), is a Professor at the M. V. Lomonosov State University of Moscow. Her research interests include World Englishes, sociolinguistics, translation studies and intercultural communication. She was guest-editor of a special issue of the World Englishes journal on Russian Englishes and has co-authored the Routledge Handbook of World Englishes, English as an International Language in Asia: Implications for Language Education, and Communicating with Asia (Cambridge). She is the sole author of Crossroads: English-Russian Dictionary of East Asian Culture Contacts, The ABC and Controversies of World Englishes, and Theory of Translation: English-Russian, Russian-English. She is co-editor of the forthcoming Handbook of World Englishes. In 2011-12 she was President of the International Association for World Englishes.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- Series TitleStudies in English Language
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9 b/w illus. 21 tables
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnna A. Eddy,Zoya G. Proshina
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.