All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBy igring gender issues, historians have failed to understand how efforts to control women - and women's reactions to these efforts - have shaped political and social institutions and thus influenced the course of Russian and Soviet history. These original essays challenge a host of traditional assumptions by integrating women into the Russian past. Using recent advances in the study of gender, the family, class, and the status of women, the authors examine various roles of Russian women and offer a broad overview of a vibrant and growing field.
- Author BiographyBarbara Evans Clements is Professor of History at the University of Akron. Barbara Alpern Engel is Associate Professor of History at the University of Colorado. Christine D. Worobec is Assistant Professor of History at Kent State University.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication17/07/1991
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBarbara Alpern Engel,Barbara Evans Clements,Christine D. Worobec
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.