All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRustic woodworking is the 'green' way to make furniture and is currently very popular. Visual demonstrations make it easy to learn the valuable techniques. Most projects only require simple tools. Rustic furniture has an earthly charm that evokes cabins in the woods and country hideaways. Easy to make, rustic furniture is also 'green' through incorporating reclaimed and found materials. In this step-by-step project book and companion DVD, an award-winning woodworker and teacher shows how to use materials collected from the outdoors or recycled from old buildings to make one-of-a-kind pieces of furniture. Every technique is detailed, from cutting round mortises and tens to making a webbed seat, weaving twigs, traditional joinery and more. Heirloom-quality projects include a storage chest, chairs, tables and other attractive and useful pieces. Design alternatives show how to apply the basic techniques to other projects.
- Author BiographyDoug Stowe is a professional woodworker and the author of many books, including Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Box Making 9781561585939. His work has been featured in numerous magazines.
- Author(s)Doug Stowe
- PublisherTaunton Press Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/2009
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationConnecticut
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaunton Press Inc
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout, 282 photographs, 19 illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.