All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $48.21Was:AU $49.99Free postage
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.45
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.71
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.32
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.82
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $33.26
About this product
- DescriptionSlow-cooked meats, homemade breads, flavorful pastas...these are the traditional comfort-food classics that Italians have been roasting, baking, curing, and making in their own kitchens for generations--dishes that people actually want to cook and eat. In Rustic Italian Food, acclaimed Philadelphia chef Marc Vetri celebrates the handcrafted cuisine of Italy, advocating a hands-on, back-to-the-basics approach to cooking. Home cooks of every skill level will revel in the 120 recipes, such as sweet Fig and Chestnut Bread, rich Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi, savory Slow-Roasted Lamb Shoulder, and fragrant Apple Fritters. Rustic Italian Food is also an education in kitchen fundamentals, with detailed, step-by-step instructions for making terrines, dry-cured salami, and cooked sausage; a thorough guide to bread and pasta making; and a primer on classic Italian preserves and sauces. Much more than just a collection of recipes, in this book Marc Vetri connects us directly to the essence of Italian food.
- Author BiographyTrained in Bergamo, Italy, by some of the region's most noted chefs, Marc Vetri is the chef/owner of Vetri Ristorante, Osteria, Amis, and Alla Spina, all located in Philadelphia. Vetri was named one of Food & Wine's Ten Best New Chefs and received the Philadelphia Inquirer's highest restaurant rating; he also won the James Beard Award for Best Chef Mid-Atlantic. Vetri has been profiled in Gourmet, Bon Appetit, the Philadelphia Inquirer, and the New York Times. Visit his restaurants online at www.vetrifamily.com David Joachim has authored, edited, or collaborated on more than thirty-five cookbooks, including the IACP award-winning The Food Substitutions Bible and the New York Times bestsellers A Man, a Can, a Grill and Mastering the Grill, co-authored with Andrew Schloss. He lives in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Visit David at www.davejoachim.com.
- Author(s)David Joachim,Marc Vetri
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Note75 Full-Colour Photos
- Weight1284 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.