All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRye is a fascinating Sussex port and market town built on a former island hilltop. Lying at the convergence of three tidal rivers and surrounded by the flat land of the Romney marshes, it has enjoyed a rich history since its foundation in the eleventh century. The many strands in its story include defence, trade, fishing, shipbuilding, agriculture, retail and market services for a wide rural hinterland. More recently, the town has found success as a centre for tourism, leisure and the arts.Using contrasting images including photographs, drawings and prints, Alan Dickinson aims to explore how the passage of time has affected the town. The reader is invited to look at the rural setting of the town, as well as its monuments, streets, buildings, rivers and quays, and may be surprised by how little has changed in the local scene. Enthusiasts for boats, land transport and costume will find much of interest in Rye Through Time.
- Author BiographyLocal author and historian, Alan Dickenson, has written several books on Rye history.
- Author(s)Alan Dickenson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication28/09/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content NoteApprox 182 incl 94 colour
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.06Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.