All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to present field studies on the application of subject-oriented business process management (S-BPM). Each case presents a specific story and focuses on an essential modeling or implementation issue, and most end with implications or suggestions for further studies. Significant variables and success factors are identified that were discovered during the respective study and lead to suggesting S-BPM velties. For each case, the authors explain step-by-step how the story develops, and provide readers guidance by detailing the respective rationale. The studies covered are clustered according to three main S-BPM themes: Part I Business Operation Support documents approaches to the practical development of S-BPM solutions in various application domains and organizational settings, while Part II Consultancy and Education Support highlights cases that can help to train readers in S-BPM modeling and kwledge acquisition for S-BPM lifecycle iterations. It also refers to architecting S-BPM solutions for application cases based on hands-on experience. Part III Technical Execution Support focuses on concepts for utilizing specific theories and techlogies to execute S-BPM models. It also addresses how to create reference models for certain settings in the field. Lastly, the appendix covers all relevant aspects needed to grasp S-BPM modeling and apply it based on fundamental examples. Its format reconciles semantic precision with syntactic rigor.>Addressing the needs of developers, educators and practitioners, this book will help companies to learn from the experiences of first-time users and to develop systems that fit their business processes, explaining the latest key methodological and techlogical S-BPM developments in the fields of training, research and application.
- Author BiographyAlbert Fleischmann has worked as scientific advisor and software engineer for over 30 years, and has extensive experience in business process management. He is the founder of S-BPM and its major industrial release Metasonic(R) and drives new professional implementations. In theory and practice he successfully realizes initiatives of projects, processes and quality management in enterprises. Currently he is working for further enhancements of the S-BPM concept and publishes the corresponding results regularly at several conferences. Werner Schmidt is Professor of Business Informatics at Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (THI) Business School, Germany. His teaching and research areas include business process management and IT management. Werner is co-founder and chairperson of the Institute of Innovative Process Management. He has many years of industry experience in BPM and software development projects, gained while working for various software and service providers. Christian Stary is Professor for Business Information Systems at University of Linz, Austria. His research areas include interactive design of socio-technical systems, business process management, conceptual modeling and knowledge management. He is one of the founders and chair of the Competence Center on Knowledge Management, the International Council on Knowledge Management, and organizer of several academic events on interactive systems, business process and knowledge management.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note134 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight613 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAlbert Fleischmann,Christian Stary,Werner Schmidt
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.