All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionStimulating Maturity through Accelerated Readiness Training (S.M.A.R.T.) Pre-K is a program that helps children's brains and bodies get ready to learn. It provides the foundation for the required basic readiness skills, so critical for successful learners. The program consists of fun physical activities for developing and/or enhancing large and fine motor skills, balance and coordination, visual efficiency, eye-hand coordination and much more. Once these readiness skills are in place, children have the necessary tools to be able to attend and learn, making them ready for school and to become life-long learners.
- Author BiographyA Chance To Grow A Chance To Grow was founded in 1985 by Bob and Kathy DeBoer and a group of parents looking for a better chance at success for their children with serious brain injuries and developmental delays. Since then, the agency has grown to include a continuum of services for all children, ranging from those having difficulty learning to read through those with problems as challenging as autism, cerebral palsy or coma. Our latest work adds the Pre-K component, allowing us to be proactive in helping prepare children to learn prior to their entry into school. Our product is better children, equipped with the skills needed to lead them toward independence and success. An autistic child needs help integrating information coming in through her senses. A pre-schooler may need help learning to spin and roll, activities that will help her better attend. And a failing reader in second grade often needs help developing pre-reading skills so she can learn to read without struggling. A Chance To Grow specialists use an interdisciplinary approach and the latest brain research to develop a continuum of programs for children, ranging from educational programs to specialty clinics to rehabilitation services. All of our programs take each child's unique needs and abilities into account. Our services are specifically tailored to the individual child to ensure that she reaches her highest potential. With that as our goal, A Chance To Grow has developed a variety of interventions and educational offerings for educators, parents and other professionals. While S.M.A.R.T. at the elementary level and now S.M.A.R.T. Pre-K for three to five-year olds can be applied systemically, helping all children succeed within the classroom, other interventions are also available for those children who may need additional intervention. These interventions include Audio Visual Entrainment (AVE), Hemisphere Specific Auditory Stimulation (HSAS) - both offered at A Chance To Grow as well as in a workshop format for families and educators. Additional workshops offered include Fairmont Reading Assessment Program (FRAP) and Dyslexia Program Teaching. For families looking for an intensive, out-of-school option for their children, Summer Boost Up Plus at A Chance To Grow is another option.
- Author(s)A Chance to Grow,Cheryl Smythe,Leslie Giese
- Date of Publication18/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jodee Kulp
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.