All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis modern biography provides a comprehensive and balanced view of a legendary figure in American medicine. Controversial because of his fierce fight against women's rights, S. Weir Mitchell achieved stunning success through his experimentation with vemous snakes, treatment of Civil War soldiers with phantom limbs and burning pain, and creation of the rest cure to treat hysteria and neurasthenia. Mitchell's life was extraordinary-interesting in its own right and as a case study in the larger inquiry into nineteenth-century medicine and culture.
- Author BiographyNancy Cervetti is Professor of English at Avila University.
- Author(s)Nancy Cervetti
- PublisherPennsylvania State University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennsylvania State University Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight597 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.