SAGE Handbook of Play and Learning in Early Childhood by SAGE Publications Ltd (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $177.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $229.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlay and learning scholarship has developed considerably over the last decade, as has the recognition of its importance to children's learning and development. Containing chapters from highly respected researchers, whose work has been critical to building kwledge and expertise in the field, this handbook focuses on examining historical, current and future research issues in play and learning scholarship. Organized into three sections which consider: * Theoretical and philosophical perspectives on play and learning * Play in pedagogy, curriculum and assessment * Play contexts The Handbook's breadth, clarity and rigour will make it essential reading for researchers and postgraduate students, as well as professionals with interest in this dynamic and changing field.
- Author BiographyLiz Brooker is a Reader in Early Childhood at the Institute of Education, University of London. Liz was an early years' teacher for many years, and her interest in the home experiences, and transitions to school, of ethnic minority children stemmed from her own work with children and families. Liz has continued to study early transitions, including those of infants and toddlers into their first group-care settings, with a focus on young children's agency as they engage with new environments. More recently her work has focused on play, using a sociocultural perspective to describe how the social contexts of children's play shape their own development and that of the communities they construct with others. Mindy Blaise,???is an associate professor and co-director of the Centre for Childhood Research and Innovation at the Hong Kong Institute of Education, China, SAR. Mindy's scholarship relates to working with 'postdevelopmentalism' to reconfigure early childhood research, teaching and curriculum. A large part of this work involves 'grappling-with' feminist practices that are useful for interrupting the notion of the developmental child. Mindy is currently involved in three interdisciplinary international research projects that are examining the situatedness of childhood in the Asia-Pacific region. She is a principal researcher, with Affrica Taylor and Veronica Pacini-Ketchabaw, in the Common Worlds Childhoods and Pedagogies Research Collective. Susan Edwards is Associate Professor of Curriculum and Pedagogy in the Faculty of Education at Australian Catholic University. She works as a Principal Research Fellow in the area of early childhood education, and specialises in researching aspects of the early childhood curriculum, including play-based learning, teacher thinking, digital technologies and sustainability. Susan is the co-author of Early Childhood Curriculum: Planning assessment and implementation, published by Cambridge University Press, and co-editor of Engaging Play, published by Open University Press. She is currently serving as co-editor on the Asia Pacific Journal of Teacher Education.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight953 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byE. Brooker,Mindy Blaise,Susan Edwards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.